- Paul Craig Roberts on 'The Shame of Being an American'.
- US congressmen shoot off more than their mouths.
Congressmen on Capitol Hill took a break from lawmaking recently to shoot the U.S. military’s newest special operations weapon.
Fourteen members of the House and Senate attended the July 13 event to familiarize themselves with the Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle or SCAR.
SCAR. How nice.
“It was cool,” said Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., describing the event, which was held at the U.S. Capital Police shooting range, located in the basement of the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, D.C.
- A new war in Somalia?
- Via Think Progress: Right-Wing Attacks American Evacuees: ‘Ingrates,’ ‘Whining,’ ‘Spoiled-Rotten Little Children’. Well, that was to be expected, wasn't it?
- Jesus' General does his bit for spermatazoan-Americans.
- Blogger fired for blogging about Geneva Conventions. What a crock.
- In case you haven't read this yet, now's your chance. Stabbed in the Back. ( I owe a hat tip to someone for that link, but I can't remember who.)
- Protesters take over Oaxaca, Mexico in an attempt to get rid of their governor.
- Peter Worthington is a wanker spewing MP Garth Turner talking points. It really is sickening.
It’s hard for me to believe my comments are being taken as so shocking in many quarters. After all, I was just asking the same questions most people were – perhaps more publicly – and hoping that when the massive evac is over we can talk about how it is so many people who are not part of this country are running around with our passports. I’d like to know that.
They have dual citizenship, Turner. Which part of that don't you understand?? I seriously hope people turf him during the next election. Get your protest signs ready now.
- Wonkette: the Washington Post mistakenly posted a number for a phone sex line instead of the proper phone number for Americans looking for Lebanon evacuation information. Whoops!!
- You say 'incursion'. I say 'invasion'.