- Scenes From the Lebanese Front. A personal and in country look at what's happening in Lebanon. Well worth reading.
- The madness in the Middle East is like the Hatfields and the McCoys? That's the best you could come up with?
- Looks like Justin Raimondo of antiwar.com was right when he predicted months ago how this escalation of tensions would form in the Middle East.
- While the news of the terrorist bombings in India this week have been bumped to the back burner, there is rising tension between India and Pakistan. Great. Maybe this really is armegeddon. Is it too late to convert? (Just kidding. I don't want to end up hanging around with these guys).
- Bush sure loves that pig. 'What? Me Worry?' (Crooks and Liars has video from the Daily Show.)
- Stephen Colbert's take on Lieberman, Lamont and David Brooks (video).
- Who do you think of when you ponder the lives of Martin Luther King and Jesus (disclaimer: if you assume Jesus was actually a real person)? Who comes to mind in the present day? Well, how about the recently deceased former head of Enron, Ken Lay? No? Hmmm... I wonder why.
- Is there a Hamburgeraholics Anonymous? Because I'm literally living in the middle of the beef pub.
Update: (Friday 3:45 am ET) Reuters has the latest on Thursday's attacks. Some 60 Lebanese people have been killed since this began - almost all civilians. Also, 2 Israeli civilians have been killed and 100 wounded by after Hezbollah reportedly fired some 130 missiles.