Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday Night's Alright for Troll Busting

So, I've had this troll invasion on my site the past few days thanks to Kate at the roadkill site (small dead animals - just google it - she doesn't deserve a link). You know the type: they say I'm anti-Muslim, anti-semitic, anti-American, anti-Canadian and whatever else kind of "anti" labeling they can come up with because they don't like how I've covered the Israel/Lebanon war. While some of them are quite adept at how to successfully ignore a topic, others are just a bit more sneaky. At least, they thought they were.

This evening, someone named 'Of the West' in this thread made themselves out to be a witness to the antiwar protest in Calgary on Saturday. Hmmm...I thought, I wonder if they were really there? So, I did some digging behind the scenes. It turns out that not only was it almost impossible for 'Of the West' to have been at the 2pm protest in Calgary since they posted their comment from an Ontario IP here this evening, but 'Of the West' also shares the same IP as the next commenter on that thread 'Alberta Girl'.

Now, how someone posting from a Government of Ontario IP using two different nicknames thinks they're going to get away with fooling me into believing they were actually in Calgary this afternoon while playing tag-team trolling on my site with either a) an alternate personality (imaginary friend) or b) an office buddy sharing the same IP number is beyond me. I'm sure they'll try though (unless I ban them first). So, post your explanation 'Of the West'/'Alberta Girl'. I know I'd love to hear it. Maybe you could also let me know why you "two" use the same e-mail address: cecilguy1971@yahoo.com

Outing trolls is fun!

One more thing...and this time I have to post a link to SDA. Some commenter named Bruce wrote this on the roadkill site:


I was also at the Calgary "peace rally". Whole lot of hate for a "peace rally". The Iman that spoke, did so facing the Hezbollah flag, passionately waving about twenty feet in front of him. He didn't bat an eye. After the rally I watched as he joined the Hez. supporters on the sidewalk and shook their hands. Here's a very powerful and influential leader of the Muslim community, and not a word on how inappropriate a terrorist flag is at a "peace rally". Shameful! How can we be confident, like they suggest we should be, that peace and acceptance is taught in their mosques? I've lost what little I had.

Now, note the similarities to 'Of the West's' comment on my blog (and, remember, 'Of the West' definitely posted from a Government of Ontario IP address):


I was also at the Calgary "peace rally". Whole lot of hate for a "peace rally". The Iman that spoke, did so facing the Hezbollah flag, passionately waving about twenty feet in front of him. He didn't bat an eye. After the rally I watched as he joined the Hez. supporters on the sidewalk and shook their hands. Here's a very powerful and influential leader of the Muslim community, and not a word on how inappropriate a terrorist flag is at a "peace rally". yeah, ok. How can we be confident, like they suggest we should be, that peace and acceptance is taught in their mosques? I've lost what little I had.

So, it looks like 'Of the West' is a plagiarist too. Sucks to be you, huh?

Consider yourself busted, 'Of the West'/'Alberta Girl'.

UPDATE: This person has now admitted to using the following nicknames here as well:

Cecil Guy
The Grunt
Enough
Dennis

Now I'll have to check back through my records to see if he's used any other names as well. Give me one good reason not to publish your real name, sir. It seems to me that others should be warned since you've also posted on other sites using that name as well.

The fact that you seem to think this is all a game when you come here and post your diatribes about the most serious of topics - war - while masquerading as various people says a lot about your character. I allow dissenting opinions on this blog and I expect reasoned debate by people who want to examine the issues. Having to force others to reply to your extreme opinions, expressed via your many online personalities is disingenuous, rude and insulting. You've wasted my time and that of my sincere commenters.

You could have engaged in dialogue without hiding behind various pseudonyms. Instead, you chose to become a troll while most of the rest of us were trying to discuss death and destruction. There is no reasonable excuse for what you've done and, frankly, if your job is in jeopardy - as you claim it might be as a result of this outing - all I have to say to the Government of Ontario is that they're better off knowing exactly what kind of person you really are and how that might affect your work for them.

And stop e-mailing me. Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment