Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Myth of Zarqawi: Debunked

It was just a few weeks ago, while chatting over at Eschaton one nite, that I became aware of the so-called "myth of Zarqawi". A fake terrorist created by the Bush administration to incite fear? While I didn't doubt that Bushco would go to many lengths with its psyops operations, I had never even considered such a thing. I had just taken it for granted that Zarqawi was an actual person. I still did after that nite and, with the news about the release of a new Zarqawi propaganda video in which he actually shows his full face - a departure from his previous public appearances, this "myth" has now been debunked. Unless, of course, this man in the video is still believed to be some neocon operative by some - which is possible, I guess.

Regardless, in a week in which an audio tape by bin Laden is followed by a video tape by the number one wanted man in Iraq, the combination of those events seems to signal that something big may be in the offing soon. Call me paranoid, but there certainly must be some reason for both of them to come out during the same week other than it's springtime and they were just wanting to spend more time outdoors firing their guns at birds, like Cheney.

No comments:

Post a Comment