Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rumsfeld is Resigning

Pinch me.

Last nite I went to bed knowing that the Democrats had won the house, hoping that they took back the senate too (which is still to be determined) and now I've woken up to CNN telling me that Bush will announce that Rumsfeld is resigning?

Ummm...yay?

Wow.

Finally.

I am awake, right??

Update: The deed is done. An obviously pissed off Bush announced that Rummy is out and Robert Gates is in. Bush also said that he believed right up until yesterday that the Republicans would not lose control. 'Shows what I know', he said.

I'll post a clip of the news conference later if I can find one...

Update: After 'pissed off Bush' spoke during his press conference, 'cracking jokes Bush' showed up to answer reporter's questions. He even made a potshot against Rove, saying the he had obviously worked harder during the campaign than Rove had. It's bizarro day in Washington.

Update: Bush, Rummy, Gates press conference at 3:30pm ET. You can find Bush's press conferences on C-SPAN's site under "Recent Programs".

No comments:

Post a Comment