Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Canadian Blog Awards: Voting Now Open

MyBlahg is hosting the Canadian Blog Awards once again and voting is now open.

My blog has been nominated in these categories:

Best Progressive Blog
Best New Blog

Since I can't afford to bribe take anyone out for a nice, expensive lunch or promise them Grey Cup tickets to convince them why they should vote for me I guess I'll just have to use my charm, wit and stunning good looks to win over at least some of you!

(How's that working so far?)

Seriously though, I think I've done fairly well since I launched my little blog in February, 2006. I've had numerous links from Crooks and Liars, The Raw Story, Cursor.org and was one of the Daou Report's featured blogs. I also recently got a nod from Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting for my story about FOX selling waterboarding. Earlier this year, I even worked with a right-wing blogger to expose the fake National Post 'Iranian badges for Jews' story. My blog is ranked at 18, 591 on Technorati and I've had 108,000+ page views and numerous links from many Canadian and American bloggers since February as well.

I also serve cheesecake every now and then (which ought to be a major consideration for anyone contemplating voting for my blog).

So, let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who's visited and posted comments here along with those who nominated my blog for these awards. I'm honoured. (Your 8x10 signed glossies of me are in the mail). Now go and vote! There are a lot of great blogs to choose from (but how many of them are feeding you cheesecake?). Good luck to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment