Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ralph Klein is a Pig

"Now Belinda roasted me as a Conservative but of course now she's a Liberal," Klein told the Calgary Homeless Foundation Roast.

"And I wasn't surprised she crossed over - I don't think she ever did have a Conservative bone in her body. Well, except for one."

After getting some groans and laughs, Klein immediately added, "Well, speaking of (Foreign Affairs Minister) Peter MacKay."

Stronach responded on Thursday:

"I've developed a thick skin but Ralph, I would say, he should put his money where his mouth is and buy a whole bunch of bednets to save kids from malaria in Africa," she said.

"We all have to improve the civility that occurs in public life and in the House of Commons in particular because we want to attract good people to participate in public life. We want to attract many more women to participate in politics.

"We only have about 20 per cent now. I talk to many women across the country and they say 'You know what, I don't know that I really want to participate if it's going to be so rough and nasty.' "

On Thursday, an unrepentant Klein called his comments a "joke" he thought was off the record.

"I'm making no apologies," he said. "I read the copy and I approved it. I thought it was a funny line.

"I'm not a mean person, but a roast is a roast is a roast. It's not a toast."

Ralph, the event was to roast you, you ignorant simpleton, not Stronach.

The sooner he fades into oblivion, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment