Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gonzales, the Dummy

Richard Cohen of the Washington Post writes:

It is the sheerest luck, I know, that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales looks (to me) a bit like Jerry Mahoney, because he fulfills the same function for the Bush administration that the dummy did for the ventriloquist Paul Winchell. At risk to his reputation and the mocking he must get when he comes home at night, Gonzales will call virtually anyone an al-Qaeda-type terrorist. He did that last week in announcing the arrest of seven inferred (it's the strongest word I can use) terrorists. I thought I saw Dick Cheney moving his lips.

Now that the Bush administration has declared its War on the Press (WOP), let's hope they never surrender again.

Sidebar: Cohen can be an absolute wanker at times, but he got his current column right, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment