Thursday, July 06, 2006

Random News & Views Roundup

- Bush will appear on Larry King's show Thursday evening with his Stepford wife, Laura (on CNN) - just in case anyone is actually interested.

- Gee. And here I thought I did a lot of updates to breaking news stories that I post. I don't quite meet Wiki's pace. Check out their coverage of Ken Lay's death on Thursday.

- What are you sending Bush for his birthday on Thursday? I suggest something along these lines. (Caution: grossness).

- Rummy loses another bid to keep the torture at Abu Ghraib secret.

- Alberta Premier Ralph Klein opens his mouth, inserts his foot and insults Al Gore. I cannot wait until Klein retires. He's long past his best before date - if he ever actually had one.

- Andrew Sullivan shows how much he doesn't know about global warming too. (It must be contagious).

- A blogger I'm fortunate to call my friend, Ductape Fatwa, has created a stir (as usual) over at Booman Tribune with his post: You Can't Reason With Americans. Never timid when it comes to throwing himself in the lion's den - or the frog's pond, in this case - the much misunderstood man often speaks out loud what many are just too timid to express and that always makes for interesting discussions.

- N Korea is apparently warning that it may launch a few more missiles. Just how long can Bush's patience hold before he calls for a full-scale attack of the country? Worst foreign policy ever.

- Looks like the leftist presidential candidate in Mexico has a slight lead over his conservative opponent. I wonder if their Supreme Court will call the election for the loser anyway, just like the US's did in 2000.

- Captain Ed got into a bit of trouble with his fans on Wednesday over his post about Ken Lay's death.

- The Dalai Lama is taking 'a complete rest' in the midst of trying to work out meetings with the Chinese over the occupation of Tibet. That troubles me deeply since I am a buddhist and the Dalai Lama is one of my favourite people. He was also recently made an honourary Canadian citizen. May he rest well and regain his strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment