Friday, July 07, 2006

On George and "Steve"

It's almost like being a teenager again, isn't it? Bush calls PM Stephen Harper 'Steve' and suddenly everybody and their drooling dogs are talking about their supposedly cozy relationship.

Via the Toronto Star:

But the overriding tone yesterday was one of chummy friendship as Bush repeatedly referred to Harper as "Steve" or "Stephen" and effusively painted Canada as a valued partner in defence and security.

"I'm proud to have allies like Steve who understand the stakes of the 21st century," Bush said.

Look! George called him 'Steve'! Swoon...

Liberal leader Bill Graham stepped in today like a wise father to calm down all of the starstruck teenagers who think it's like totally awesome that George called Harper 'Steve':

Interim Liberal Leader Bill Graham dismissed on Friday the perception that Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President George W. Bush have ushered in an era of improved relations between Canada and the United States.

"Suddenly everyone's jumping up and saying this is a much more cordial relationship because the president referred to the prime minister as 'Steve,' " Graham said. "Well, my recollection is he referred to [former] prime minister Paul Martin as 'Paul,' too."
link

What? George called Martin 'Paul'? Well if that ain't enough to squelch those raging hormones, I just don't know what is.

Dear diary,

Wow. It was like so totally cool that George Bush, the most powerful man in the world, called my prime minister 'Steve'. I didn't know they were so close. Maybe he'll invite him down to his ranch and take him to Graceland too. That would be so rad. I'm happy those two are like the bestest.friends.ever because I sure hate those damn Liberals who screwed up the country so bad just like that time when that ugly screech Jane stole Rick from me. Man was I mad!! I'm pretty sure that President Bush and Steve (oh it seems so wrong of me to call him that when I don't even know him) will make everything right in the world again. I just know they will.

Signed,
The Conservatives biggest.fan.ever

No comments:

Post a Comment