Sunday, July 23, 2006

'Progressive' Blogger Wishes Death for Dershowitz's Children

This is clearly beyond the pale.

Forgive me for this but Alan Dershowitz's children should be hit by a 5000 lb. bomb made by an American military-industrial corporation, sold to Israel, and misfired into his home. Then he can talk to me.

And where was this found? On the front page of a so-called "progressive" left-wing blog, Booman Tribune, - posted by the owner of the site where I used to be a front-pager last year.

This post was a reaction to the ideas expressed by lawyer Alan Dershowitz in a column where he ponders categorizing civilian casualties basically into enemy and non-enemy. I don't agree with his opinion, but that's not what I'm interested in discussing right now.

If a right-wing blogger had written the same thing Booman had about some left-winger who had posted an opinion in a column that they disagreed with, you can damn well bet I'd rail against it.

You don't wish death on someone's children to prove your point. Period. I don't care who you are or what your politics are. That is irrelevant. You'd think any rational person would agree with that. Not so. As you can see by some of the comments in response to Booman's post, the line being used is that he has a right to say what he did in the name of free speech or because his anger justifies such an extreme reaction.

Wrong.

Let me repeat this again:

You don't wish death on someone's children to prove your point. Period.

I have called out right and left-wingers on this blog before for hate speech. No one gets a free pass for any reason. There is no acceptable defense of what Booman wrote. None.

No comments:

Post a Comment