Wednesday, March 15, 2006

liberal catnip Gets a Visit From CENTCOM

On Tuesday, I posted a story titled Promulgating Pentagon Propaganda about the efforts of CENTCOM to get bloggers to spread the Good News(TM) coming out of the Iraq war - a campaign that John at AMERICAblog had commented on after receiving an e-mail from CENTCOM in which he was urged to do so. (Dave at The Galloping Beaver also covered this on March 7, 2006.)

Well, today I got a visit and a comment from the author of that e-mail, 1LT Brian Anderson, about what I had written:

Hello,

This 1LT Brian Anderson, yes the PAO that posted on Americablog. My main objective is to get the stories out that are not covered in the main stream media.
http://www.centcom.mil/sites/usc...ments/ news.aspx
Our service members are doing great works in country and we just want that to get out. Thansk!

LT Anderson
1LT Brian Anderson Homepage 03.15.06 - 12:32 pm #


According to my stats, someone did visit my blog from CENTCOM at that time, so I believe this is legit.

I'd thank you for stopping by, Lt Anderson, but that would mean that I agree with the Pentagon wasting its money by allowing its CENTCOM employees to visit and comment on blogs in which they are the subject of discussion while the American taxpayers are paying your salary.

Let me make this perfectly clear: your boss continually berates the media for not showing enough Good News(TM) stories about Iraq. He has absolute, stinging disdain for anyone who does not tow his line. The reason the Good News(TM) has been vastly overshadowed is simply that the Iraq war is one huge mess that never should have happened in the first place. Your boss says he offered his resignation twice to his president and those resignations should have been accepted. Rumsfeld is completely incompetent and his total lack of the ability to face reality is what keeps the Good News(TM) stories off of the front pages and the blogs.

So, you can run around commenting on blogs and e-mailing your happy happy joy joy attitude all you like, but let me tell you something Lt Anderson: we are not sheep and we are not stupid. You e-mail me when you boss quits and I'll gladly post that as the Good News(TM) story of the day to come out of the Iraq war. Until then, get back to whatever it is you're supposed to be doing there and leave the rest of us alone.

And I mean that sincerely,
liberal catnip

P.S. It's spelled "Thanks". Don't they have spell checkers at CENTCOM?

No comments:

Post a Comment