Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quote du Jour: Condi on Racist/Sexist Comments

Asked how she handled racist, sexist comments directed her way, Rice laughed and replied: "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. And I really don't care because, you know, I'm a mature woman."
link

Let me translate that for you, Condi:

"I'm a big girl. [A bigger girl than those women at Rutgers who Imus insulted, apparently.] I can take care of myself. [Which is why I am surrounded by the secret service 24/7 who track down thugs who utter threats against me so I don't have to deal with them]. And I really don't care because, you know, [I don't even hear about threats made against me because my "people" take care of them so I don't have to worry about them. Did I mention they have guns?] I'm a mature woman. [And obviously I'm much more "mature" than those Rutgers women and every other person who thinks this is all such a big deal.]

Look. I have about this much credibility left and I intend to try to use it, damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment