Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Quote du Jour: Bush's So-called Logic

From Bush's press conference on Wednesday:

I've listened to a lot of voices; people in my administration heard a lot of voices. We weighed every option. I concluded that to step back from the fight in Baghdad would have disastrous consequences for people in America. That's the conclusion I came to. It's the conclusion members of my staff came to. It's the conclusion that a lot in the military came to.

And the reason why I say "disastrous consequences," the Iraqi government could collapse, chaos would spread, there would be a vacuum, into the vacuum would flow more extremists, more radicals, people who have stated intent to hurt our people. I believe that success in Baghdad will have success in helping us secure the homeland.

What's different about this conflict than some others is that if we fail there, the enemy will follow us here. I firmly believe that. And that's one of the main reasons why I made the decision I made.

So...if the troops pull out, chaos will descend on Baghdad (as if it hasn't already), and then the insurgents will somehow make their way over to America because...this is where it gets fuzzy...they'll still want to attack Americans...so they'll all pile into boats and sail to the shores of the US...or something.

He firmly believes that.

And that's the thought process of The Decider.

He seems to think that there is a finite number of insurgents and that once they're all killed in Iraq America will be safe...

Maybe he should stick with reading "My Pet Goat".

No comments:

Post a Comment