Saturday, May 20, 2006

Okay, How Many of You Are Interviewing Stephane Dion?

I received an e-mail on Saturday from one of Stephane Dion's communications people asking me if I'd like to interview the MP/Liberal leadership candidate. First I though, 'oooo...I'm special'. Then I thought that I'd better tell him to read this first. So, that's what I did. I haven't heard back yet.

It's come to my attention now that I'm not that special after all. I've come across at least two other lefty bloggers today who received similar invitations - one to join a conference call with Mr Dion and the other to also do an interview.

It's more than understandable and, in fact, commendable that Mr Dion is reaching out to bloggers. That's great. And, considering that we don't have the Canadian equivalent of a community like the US-based Daily Kos, I imagine that spreading the word via the Canadian blogosphere is a tough task.

I'm not sure, however, that I want to see a veritable plethora of interviews around the blogosphere with Mr Dion. That could end up being quite monotonous and might quickly reach its saturation point - especially this early in the campaign.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment