Saturday, May 13, 2006

Michelle Malkin: Happy to be Racially Profiled

Some people appear to be quite blissfully disconnected from reality as we've seen in Malkin time and time again.

One interesting thing happened worth sharing: When I missed the turn for the museum, I had to drive through the guard booth. Because I officially entered the NSA premises uninvited, I was pulled aside into the parking lot by security. They asked for my driver's license and my Social Security number. And then one security guard looked me straight in the eye, unembarrassed, and asked if I was a citizen.

I couldn't help it. I answered affirmatively and then told him: "I guess I'm not supposed to editorialize, but it is really refreshing to hear a security guy ask that question out loud without apologizing." He and his colleague chuckled. Appreciatively.

Malkin had already provided the guard with proper identification yet, because she is Asian, she was then a victim of racial profiling by a person who thought he had to take that extra step just to make sure she was a US citizen - as if her affirmative answer was actually proof of that.

Obviously Malkin, who is so intent on defending the NSA and her Dear Leader's actions, didn't even take one minute to wonder if Jane Caucasian would have been asked that same question.

No comments:

Post a Comment