Monday, May 15, 2006

&%^$#%& Canada Census Computers!

After trying for over one half hour to submit my Census 2006 information online using IE and Firefox, I surrender!! So, off in the mailbox it goes in the morning.

Using IE 6 and the proper security settings, my browser kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the 'secure' connection to be accepted. 'This may take up to 2 minutes', the page said. Yeah, right. And then, when I finally did get beyond the initial page, I was met with 404 errors, so I switched to Firefox.

Oh, I definitely made more progress, but halfway through and poof, their system crashed my browser. What a joke.

They'll definitely be hearing from me about these experiences in the Comments section of those census papers. It's not like this is 1981 and they just don't understand the new-fangled technology. This is a crying shame and a huge waste of time. Get with the 90s, Statistics Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment