Friday, December 29, 2006

Sometimes, there is a glimmer of justice...

As soon as the news broke about the execution of Saddam Hussein this evening, my blog experienced a sudden rush of hits from people who may have thought I might have the video of his hanging - or perhaps they were looking for a kindred spirit who has similarly been saddened by the lack of humanity this whole event has displayed. They were led here from this Tailrank page and they wound up reading this post of mine.

Maybe someone along that path read what I wrote and had second thoughts if they were looking for the video. I don't know if that happened, but the thought can at least bring me some comfort.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
- Mahatma Gandhi

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment