Sunday, December 10, 2006

About that dual citizenship issue...

There's been a lot of debate going on about Stephane Dion's dual Canadian/French citizenships which, frankly, I couldn't care less about. But on the heels of that, the CBC issued a list of MPs who hold dual citizenships as well perhaps to quell the hysteria about who is supposedly loyal to which country.

Leave it to the people at the Shotgun Blog to come up with a quickie analysis of that list concluding with this:

Myron [Thompson] is my MP and it is ok that he has dual citizenship because he is a Conservative, wears a cowboy hat and lives down the road from me. All the others are jerk-offs because they are lefties and hate Canada.

I wonder what it's like to go through life with such a black and white perspective. Maybe people like Darcey, who wrote that post, are just saving up their brain cells for other things. I doubt it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment