Sunday, March 18, 2007

Okay, this time Cherniak has really pissed me off...

I'm sick this weekend...sick, sick, sick...with a bad cold, headaches, endless waves of nausea, and about 4 hours sleep a nite which I have to make up for with fitful naps during the day. When I'm sick, I'm cranky. When I'm cranky, I anger easily. I don't like being angry.

Now, knowing that background to this rant, you'll understand why this is one of those rare times that I'm posting based on my emotions and I have one thing to say: this time, Jason Cherniak, you've gone too far.

It was bad enough when you called Noam Chomsky a "holocaust denier" and an "anti-semite" - ridiculous, libelous accusations that prompted me to leave Liblogs. Then I discovered that you banned Audacious Ontology for posting NDP ads which, as I pointed out earlier today, was nothing but hypocrisy on your part.

Predictably, you've now posted another whiny diary at Progressive Bloggers - your pattern when you're feeling persecuted, even though ProgBlogs has nothing to do with any of this. Why didn't you post your whinefest on your site?

In that ProgBlogs diary, I discovered that you posted your extremely condensed versions of private (yes, that's right Jason - PRIVATE) e-mail conversations I and others had with you.

Who the fuck gave you permission to post the content of private e-mail discussions? Not me. That's for damn sure.

And, to add insult to that injury, you pulled only one point I made about your totally asinine argument that Chomsky is, in your oh-so-learned opinion, a "holocaust denier" - because Alan Dershowitz said so. (Probably not a swift move on your part anyway since Dershowitz is such an obvious shill.)

1) Catnip demanded to be removed from Liblogs because of my opinions on Chomsky and anti-Semitism. In private correspondence, she explained that she thought my reliance on facts provided by Alan Dershowitz was suspect;

Alan Dershowitz - supporter of the "ticking time bomb" theory of torture - which has been totally discredited. Alan Dershowitz - plagairist. Alan Dershowitz - defender of collective punishment. Alan Dershowitz - a favoured pundit of the right-wing.

Next week a vastly important book will be published: "Preemption: A Knife That Cuts Both Ways" by Alan Dershowitz. Yes, that Alan Dershowitz: the very liberal civil libertarian, anti-capital punishment Harvard Law School professor. And but for my lack of his legal scholarship, there is nary a sentence in the book that I -- a very conservative editor of the Washington Times, and former press secretary to Newt Gingrich -- couldn't have written.

The premise of his book is that in this age of terror, there is a potential need for such devices as profiling, preventive detention, anticipatory mass inoculation, prior restraint of dangerous speech, targeted extrajudicial executions of terrorists and preemptive military action including full-scale preventive war.
- Tony Blankley

You know damn well Cherniak that my e-mails with you were about more than Dershowitz (as if your reliance on his opinion of Chomsky was enough of a so-called defence of your opinion - which it obviously is not). I wrote about my reasons in my post here as well as in my e-mails to you. And no, you still don't have the right to say anything more about all that I did write in those e-mails.

Let me tell you something: as a lawyer, you should know better than to breach a person's confidentiality. You should know better than to use absolutely tortured fucking logic to try to make your points. You're supposed to be a professional. Start acting like one.

1. Stop posting the contents or your summaries of peoples' private e-mail correspondence.
2. Whine on your own blog. Progressive Bloggers is not a complaint desk. (And that is my personal opinion, since I recently agreed to be a moderator there and don't speak on behalf of the site. You just have a nasty habit of dumping your beefs there. It's annoying and childish.)
3. Buy a clue. Big sale on clues at the Clue Store this week. Don't miss out. Limited Time Offer.
4. If I was your mom, and I'm old enough to be, I'd tell you to grow up and I'd stick you in the corner until your tantrum was done.
5. If you can't defend your decisions and your blog posts, too bad. Don't expect people to feel sorry for you. You post it. You own it.

And this, young man, is getting pretty damn old:

It’s unfortunate that there are people out there who hate Israel so much that they consider it their duty to attack me personally for supporting Israel. I suppose that when you don't have the facts on your side, there aren't many other options.

Stop playing the fucking martyr and get over yourself. Seriously. I know all about martyrs. You should meet my mother. She has the back of her hand permanently attached to her forehead in the "woe is me" position. You're no different.

You need to read Mike's post over at Rational Reasons about anti-semitism so you can figure out who your "enemies" really are. Here's a clue: it's not people who criticize Israeli government policies. No country's government is off the table when it comes to discussing human rights - not Israel, not Canada - no country. The sooner you learn that, the easier your life will be.

Finally, as I said before, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the (blogging and political) kitchen and stop blaming the rest of us who are just as entitled to having opinions as you are.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled headache - the real one - not the one you've given me.

And to anyone reading this: be warned that your e-mail exchanges with Cherniak are not to be considered private - as he has so obviously shown everyone now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment