Saturday, February 18, 2006

Thank you, Peter Daou!

I'd like to thank Peter, of Salon's Daou Report, for choosing my humble new site as his Featured Blog today. I'm honoured!

Peter is a great writer who posts and comments on buzz from the left and right-wing each day. If you haven't visited his place, you're missing out.

I'm a former diarist at Daily Kos and former front-pager at Booman Tribune, so I've actually been around the blogosphere for a while now. I finally took the plunge and dove into solo blogging.

Welcome to all readers of the Daou Report. If I knew you were coming, I'd have made a cheesecake! I hope you'll find my blog compelling enough to bookmark. I'm a practical idealist who doesn't pull any punches and I believe in governmental responsibility, transparency and accountability - from all sides.

I've only just begun...

Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. And I knew you when! I'm so excited for you.

    And very impressed with the content of your site. It hardly feels new at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, katiebird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to thank you for not providing cheesecake -- I don't think I could resist the 3rd offering this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have some eau de cheesecake parfum if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a study published recently that showed the scent men find most attractive is cinnamon. Apparently, it's an aphrodisiac - as is black licorice.

    On the health front, it seems that cinnamon may also help those with Type 2 Diabetes: http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem.aspx?name=1155082XSL_NEWSML_TO_NEWSML.xml. I have no idea how credible that study is.

    As for unscented shampoos etc., you can always make your own if you're so inclined: http://www.care2.com/channels/lifestyle/self/ or check the health food stores if smelling tasty is not for you.

    I have an easy recipe for bath salts that can be scented or unscented. E-mail me and I'll send it along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Ductape and I should volunteer for this: Effect of Cinnamon on Glucose and Lipid Levels in Non-Insulin Dependent Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus It's currently recruiting patients. I'm not going to move to Oklahoma City, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll post it as soon as I find it, Monsieur Ductape. Ironically, it contains epsom salts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think so, they say no insulin, not no medication. I've read these things before, if they meant not medication, they would have said so. But, you couldn't be sure that you were taking cinnamin during that time. It's a random thing and you could get a placebo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all talk and no action. So, it wouldn't work for me either.

    ReplyDelete