Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

I don't know about you but we're all ready for the new year here.

I cannot wait to see the rear ends of Bush & Cheney as they leave DC. May they either live in complete obscurity and /or incredibly uncomfortable jail cells for the rest of their miserable lives.

As for our Canadian scene, expect a lot of tough talk from Iggy but not much action. May this be the year Steve finally spontaneously combusts. (You just know his hairspray has to be a fire hazard.)

And as for the holiday season being the so-called season of peace, well, that never really lasts for more than 2.5 minutes, does it? Everybody loves their God. Nobody listens to him/her/it/the comet. (I'm deityless and quite content about that, TYVM.) May this be the rational century. (I know, I know...that's too much to ask -- especially with that changeyhopeyness mania going on in the US most important country in the world evah. Ramen.) (No, I haven't been drinking. Not in over 2 decades, actually. My cynicism meter is at defcon 4. I don't see 2009 as being a particularly "happy" new year but then again, who ever said I was some sort of prophet?)

Anyway, be as content as possible. Live each moment for what it is. And do something nice for someone every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment