Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Flux - Good news/Bad news

Good news: I'm moving on Nov 15th to a place where I'll have more privacy, a friendlier atmosphere and a bit more space. Trying to find a place for a sick lady and her 2 cats to live has been a huge challenge. If you're in good health, count your blessings - seriously.

Bad news: This will be my second move this year and I'm tired and sore, so I just want to get settled. It's also a bit more expensive because the market is crazy here due to the oil boom but I'll manage.

Good news: I have very little to pack since most of my stuff is still in boxes from the last move.

Good news: Shaw will have deemed me worthy eventually to have half a minute's worth of internet time to actually post this.

Bad news: Their customer service SUCKS. These connection problems have been going on for months and they still don't know what the hell is wrong (and at least now we know the neighbours are affected too so it's not specific to this house.)

Good news: I'm outta here Nov 15th and they don't have connection problems at the new place. I.can't.wait.

Bad news: One of my cats (the 16 yr old) is having incontinence problems. She's always been healthy so this is a big concern. I have to take her to the vet's which is an additional expense, especially when I have moving costs of top of that, so I'm accepting donations via Paypal to help out with the vet costs. Hopefully it's just something that can be cured with antibiotics. I would absolutely hate to lose her if it's something worse than that (like diabetes) since I've had her since she was a baby. I'll post an update when I find out what's wrong. Poor thing.

Good news: The cats will be much more relaxed at the new place where they'll have more space.

Bad news: I'm really behind on keeping current with the news.

Good news: I haven't missed Bush's blithering blathering. Not.one.bit.

Bad news: Cold weather sucks (but you already knew that unless you're one of those wintery outdoorsy type freaks.)

Good news: I'll be selling some books after I move - rare, first editions, autographed, old etc, I'd start that before I move but they're still packed because I didn't have enough room to take them out here. Stay tuned.

Bad news: Still pretty sick and in lots of pain. (What else is new??) Did I mention that cold weather sucks?

Good news: Life is lived just one day at a time, which makes it bearable.

Good news: I have some great, much-needed support and I'm actually using it. (I'm pretty damn stubborn.)

Good news: Things could be SO much worse. My heart goes out to everyone going through tough times. Hang in there.

Iffy news: I'll actually get this posted sometime within the next couple of days! (It's Monday nite now.)

Update: It's now Tuesday nite and I've been without access for about 30 hours. Grrrrr...can't WAIT to move.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment