Monday, April 30, 2007

Life's Trials

Just some personal stuff...

My 80 year old mom had 2 heart attacks on the weekend. She's had heart problems for years resulting in bypass surgery some time ago and she now has occasional problems with rapid heartbeats to the point where they actually had to stop her heart (somehow) on Saturday and shock it into starting again. This also happened in 2005.

I called her on Sunday morning (she's in Saskatchewan) and she sounded quite weak but optimistic. I actually hadn't spoken to her in years - very dysfunctional family stuff in my past. So now I'm waiting for news. Things could go either way.

My daughter and her family headed out there by car on Sunday (grandherbs included) - just in case this might be the last time they'll see her. My daughter's mate was in a mountain bike accident on Saturday and developed blood poisoning via a huge gash in his arm - went to emerg and has to have IV antibiotics every day for at least a week, but he can also take care of that in Saskatchewan while they're visiting my mom (since they'll be in a hospital anyway).

I'm doing okay. Still scattered after moving last weekend and still have a lot to organize (between naps and bouts of pain). Haven't quite gotten back into the swing of blogging because I'm so unsettled, but that will come...

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment