Monday, April 02, 2007

Calgarians: I need your help...

I and my two cats are currently living in a shared accommodation situation in Calgary and have received a notice to move by July 1, 2007. Since I live on a low (disability) income and rental costs have skyrocketed in this city in a very tight rental market, I thought I'd put up my own "accomodation wanted" post on my blog to see if that might increase my options of finding a suitable place to live.

I am more than willing to move prior to July 1st (although I am not ready to do so immediately since I just received this notice on Sunday) and will consider any offers in surrounding towns or countryside locations. (I have grandkids in Cochrane so I would like to stay as reasonably close to them as possible.)

I'm a good, quiet, reliable tenant in my mid-40s who always pays her rent on time and can provide references. I don't drink, use drugs or party (like I'd have the energy for that!). Both of my cats like to spend time outdoors because they were raised in the country. My 15 yr old cat just stays in the yard though. My 6 year old cat likes to wander a bit. They're both friendly. If worse comes to worse, I'll surrender them to temporary foster care if I can't find a place that accepts them.

I need a place that is first and foremost secure (and non-judgmental in terms of my income and disability status) and I'm willing to sign a lease since moving is one of my least favourite things to do. My illnesses (lupus and fibromyalgia) don't require any special physical setup. I'm mobile. I just have to deal with a lot of pain, fatigue and other symptoms that vary on a daily basis so I prefer a low-stress environment.

I'm aware of the low-cost housing agencies and services in the city and will be submitting applications and ads where I can.

I will be posting a Paypal donation button on my site later this week once the account is verified in order to raise money for a security deposit (my current landlord allowed me to use mine for Xmas shopping costs last December so I won't have that to draw from anymore) and to cover moving and/or storage costs if necessary. I don't have much stuff and will be getting rid of non-essentials before I move so I don't expect those costs to be very high.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and if you know of any place to live that might be suitable, please e-mail me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment