Thursday, May 04, 2006

Why Joe Biden Should Never Be President

Appearing on CNN's Situation Room on Thursday, Biden had this to say about the congressional vote on the Iraq war:

BLITZER: You said you haven't made any mistakes.

Was it a mistake -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- that you voted for the resolution authorizing the president to go ahead with this war?

BIDEN: No. The mistake was thinking that they would have the competence to deal with it. If I had known how incompetent the civilians in this administration would be in conducting the war and its aftermath, I would have never voted for it. Had I been president, [sic] would have asked for the same authority that I voted to give the president.

Knowing full well that the Bush administration's case for the war was based on intel it manipulated to coerce congress, Biden "would have asked for the same authority" as Bush? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment